0 3 X
Faster startup performance
Dendron startup is now up to 5x faster for large workspaces 🚀🚀🚀 Prior to this release, Dendron re-indexes all files at startup. We're now smarter about this and will read data from our cache instead if the note contents have not changed. You can read about the details here.
- [[Managed Publishing (NEW)|dendron.topic.managed-publishing]] is now compatible with version 0.37 of Dendron
- Add progress bar to Dendron: Show Note Graph
- MoveNoteCommand will not prompt for vaults if not multi-vault
- Create daily journal note fails if there's no note open
With this release of Dendron, we've added limited telemetry that is opt-out by default.
This is to help us understand how many people are using Dendron as well as measure the impact on performance when we introduce new features. We do not and will never read the data inside your notes.
You can see the full list of information we collect and why we do it in our telemetry documentation as well as instructions on how to opt out of telemetry.
- correctly index notes added outside of Dendron
CLI for Workspace Commands
dendron workspace <cmd> workspace related commands Positionals: cmd a command to run [string] [required] [choices: "pull", "push"] Options: --version Show version number [boolean] --help Show help [boolean] --wsRoot location of workspace --vault name of vault --quiet don't print output to stdout --enginePort If set, connect to to running engine. If not set, create new instance of Dendron Engine --useLocalEngine If set, use in memory engine instead of connecting to a server [boolean]
Insert Note Command
- support custom port for preview (docs)
CLI for Working with Vaults
dendron vault <cmd> vault related commands Positionals: cmd a command to run [string] [required] [choices: "create"] Options: --version Show version number [boolean] --help Show help [boolean] --wsRoot location of workspace --vault name of vault --quiet don't print output to stdout --enginePort If set, connect to to running engine. If not set, create new instance of Dendron Engine --useLocalEngine If set, use in memory engine instead of connecting to a server [boolean] --vaultPath path to vault [string] [required] --noAddToConfig if set, don't add vault to dendron.yml [boolean]
- less verbose logs for CLI
CLI for Working with Notes
dendron note <cmd> note related commands Positionals: cmd a command to run [string] [required] [choices: "lookup", "delete"] Options: --version Show version number [boolean] --help Show help [boolean] --wsRoot location of workspace --vault name of vault --quiet don't print output to stdout --enginePort If set, connect to to running engine. If not set, create new instance of Dendron Engine --useLocalEngine If set, use in memory engine instead of connecting to a server [boolean] --query the query to run [string]
- toggle xvault wiki links (docs)
- auto detect workspace root if
--wsRootnot passed to CLI
--quietflag to cli
- remove legacy note references, use doctor with
oldNoteRefToNewto convert your old note references
- multiple notes created when clicking on a link with an alias
- Multiple notes created when opening a note via the treeview
Goto Note command
Goto to the note under the cursor, creating it if it doesn't exist.
- NOTE: this fixes issue 564 which causes a new note to be created on hover when combined with
true. We introduced noAutoCreateOnDefinition configuration to help folks transition to the new behavior. Auto creating on definition will be deprecated in a future release
- better details in diagnostics report
- support xvault backlinks
- faster backlink generation
- include content from unpublished notes (docs)
- this allows you to use note references to hierarchies that aren't explicitly published
- better Theia compatibility
- disable auto-creation notes on definition (docs)
Add and Commit
Add and commit all notes across all vaults to git.
- useNoteTitleForLink now true by default
- control hierarchy display using note frontmatter (docs)
- ability to disable appending uuid's to assets when importing markdown (docs)
- ability to set an index file when importing markdown (docs)
- bulk importing notes would fail if payload was greater than 10mb
- punchcard pod referring to wrong commit
A Better Doctor
Dendron doctor has been updated with a bunch of new options including the ability to migrate old style refs to new style refs
- shortcuts: none
Automatically fix various issues with Dendron.
You can pick among various actions for the doctor to perform.
- Doctor performs it's actions on the entire workspace by default
- You can toggle this behavior with the
Change Scopebutton on the top right corner of panel so that it runs only on the active open document.
- This requires you to have a note open and in focus before running the doctor command.
- Fixes notes that are missing the frontmatter, or that have broken frontmatter.
- Setup a
docsfolder if it doesn't exist. Required if you want to publish your notes
- Remove initial
h1header and use it to replace contents of
titlefield in frontmatter
- Convert all initial
- Remove all stub docs
- Convert legacy note refs to new style note refs
- Create notes that do not exist yet but has a wikilink to it.
- A preview pane will appear with the notes that will be created before proceeding.
- In a multi-vault workspace, wikilinks that do not specify a vault prefix will be omitted from the candidates.
- In a workspace that has 2 vaults named
bar, the wikilink
[[missing-note]]will not be a candidate for missing note creation with this command.
[[dendron://foo/missing-note]]and / or
[[dendron://bar/missing-note]]will be recognized as a missing note and will be listed as candidates.
- In a workspace that has 2 vaults named
- support hiding hierarchy view on published page (docs)
- GitPunchcard support multi-vault (docs)
- support toggling vault initialization behavior at startup (docs)
- support migrating old note refs to new note refs (docs)
- fix spurious
- removed all old style refs from
- formal deprecation notice for old style refs (
((ref: ))syntax) - they will be removed in the next release. use
Browse Current File
- shortcuts: None
Open the github repository (if it exists) of the current note. If you have a multi vault workspace with different git repositories, this command will
- wikilinks to missing vaults will display an error instead of throwing one
- ability to disable legacy refs (docs)
- add xkcd to vault presets (docs)
- 5x faster markdown pod import using plugin 🚀 🚀 🚀
- toggle katex settings from config (docs)
- displaying children hierarchies fails on stub notes
- empty query doesn't display all root nodes when multi-vault
- status: [[Experimental 🚧|dendron.ref.status#experimental-]] Export notes from Dendron
The export markdown pod will take Dendron markdown and convert it to regular markdown. Dendron specific markup like wikilinks will be converted to their markdown equivalent.
- type: export
Create a vega punchard visualization of your commits. This will output two files at the destination:
You can then see this using a HTML server.
dendron exportPod --wsRoot . --podId dendron.gitpunchard --config "dest=/tmp/vega" cd /tmp/vega python -m http.server
- disable git linking on a per note basis (docs)
- set a custom path for git url (docs)
dendron-cliis now named
dendron-cliwill continue to work)
buildSiteV2has been renamed to
buildSiteV2will continue to work but is now considered
- add tldr to remote vault presets (docs)
useFMTitlewhen publishing to markdown
- fix link textwrap issue when publishing for mobile
Password protected sites
You can now use managed publishing with a password. Note that you'll need sprout membership to use the feature.
- control display for children links (docs)
- skipLevels also applies to children lins
- useNoteTitleForLink also applies to note references
- importing from markdown is now 5x faster 🚀🚀🚀
- NOTE: this is only for the CLI
- a bunch of new options when importing a pod (docs)
- NOTE: these options currently only apply for the Markdown Import Pod
- show progress bar when importing pod from plugin
- dendron will check if dependencies are actually installed before trying to preview your site
- remove un-used extensions
- failure when importing large amounts of markdown files using import pod
- importing a pod now requires a
vaultNameparameter (previous, we just defaulted to the first vault)
- status: 🚧
Dendron can now generate a changelog for your published site. Note that this feature is currently experimental and will only generate the changelog for your latest commit. It also requires that you be using
git to store your notes. When enabled, this will add
Changelog to your nav bar which will have your most recent commit.
- all tests are now
Custom Domain Names
- Add paste link command (docs)
- don't throw fatal error on bad wikilink
- don't throw fatal error if
siteUrlnot set while in
- add remark-containers plugin docs
- refs don't include children or backlinks
dendron.ymlafter removing a vault
- issue with mixed case file names
Cross Vault Links
Cross vault links are a way of exactly specifying a note in a multi vault workspace. You can turn a regular link into a cross vault link by adding
dendron://$vaultName/ prefix where
$vaultName is the name of your vault.
- regular wiki link:
- wiki link with alias:
- relative link:
You can also use cross vault links for note references.
- note ref:
- you can now add a workspace when adding a remote vault (docs)
- better block quotes (docs)
- better formatted backlinks on published pages
- backlinks display using note title instead of file names
- copy note commands will create a cross vault link when in multi-vault environment
- selecting non-primary root note in dendron tree
- bad backlinks created for home page
- issue with hierarchies for mixed case parents
- new docs on using dendron for blogging
- table of contents on published sites is now a remark extension, header changed to
- jekyll publishing has been renamed to
- lots of internal refactoring of code
We now have custom pod support
Custom pods can be developed by anyone ans a
NodeJS package and used after a user installs it in their workspace. They can be used with either the
dendron-cli or from within the Dendron extension to import/export/publish your notes from/to anywhere
- NOTE: at the current time, custom pods can only be run using
dendron-cli. We're working on building them into the plugin within the next couple of weeks
- NOTE: currently, only custom pods for publishing is supported. We're working on adding support for
If you are interested in developing your own publishing pod, you can docs to do so here
As an example of what you can do with a custom pod, we created the Dev.to Pod which lets you publish your notes to dev.to
- backlinks in published sites
This is the equivalent to the backlinks panel when using the desktop app.
Backlinks are automatically deduped and also work in a multi-vault setting.
- delete node sometimes fails in multi-vault
- publishing multi-vault will sometimes not work if multiple domain notes
- unable to select
rootof multi-vault notes in tree view
- if you're working on the codebase,
dendron.code-workspacehas been renamed to
- this helps if you're working on dendron while having dendron installed since Dendron, prior to this change, would also activate when you were editing the code