Release Notes (version 0.52)
Dendron 0.52 has sprouted 🌱
- Non-blocking workspace initialization (docs)
- Dendron Markdown Preview Enhanced no longer required (docs)
- Find missing links in entire workspace (docs)
- Hide the filter view in the note graph
- Warn against missing frontmatter (docs)
- Hashtag autocomplete improvements (docs)
- Doctor command to automatically fix the frontmatter (docs)
- Google Doc Import Pod (docs)
- Ability to control graph zoom sensitivity
- Bug Fixes
- Reduce size of dendron-cli
- Hashtag links duplicate following text
- Issues with parsing wikilinks with unicode and special symbols
- Autocomplete takes a long time
- A lot of internal improvements
Our documentation changes a lot week by week. Below is a highlight of some updates from the past week.
- A new RFC for Rich Web Client.
- A new page for Greenhouse Talks.
- A new job posting for Head of Growth position.
- A new job posting for Head of Content position.
You can find notes from our latest office hours here
The Greenhouse Talks is a learning series organized by Dendron. These are 30 minute talks that cover topics of interest to the Dendron community. While the focus is on note taking and personal knowledge management, topics are not limited to these areas and can span anything the speaker has in-depth knowledge of.
All talks are recorded and made available on youtube after the fact.
Details of the upcoming talk this Friday with our very own @hikchoi (Private)#8934 posted below
In this talk, Mark will walk you through his personal digital garden Cerebrarium, and discuss how he uses Dendron to organize knowledge for his personal interests.
- Date: 2021.07.30
- Time: 7:30AM PDT
- Location: Zoom
- How I found Dendron and why I stayed.
- Overview of how my workspace is set up today.
- What goes in? What stays? What comes out?: How I tend my garden.
- Separation of concerns: I still love pen and paper.
- Concepts from popular systems I borrow and implement in my garden to make it work.
- Moving forward: Ideas for next session.
Links to things talked about
A big thanks to the following gardeners that brought up issues, contributions, and fixes to this release :man_farmer: :woman_farmer: You can see an overview of all roles here
- Fresh install has issue initializing
- aleksey-rowan @aleksey (Private)#5276
- buxel @Buxel (Private)#7181
- BiosElement @Bios (Private) Element#4381
- unamusedmon @Unamused (Private) Moniker#5298
- Full note reference breaks previewv2
- teauxfu @teauxfu (Private)#5228
- Update dendron.topic.links.md
Deprecate Markdown Preview Enhanced
Dendron Markdown Preview Enhanced is no longer required to use Dendron.
By default, all new users will get Preview V2 as the default. Existing users that have not turned on V2 will see no change but can and are encourage to switch to preview v2 by following the instructions here. Dendron Markdown Preview Enhanced should now be considered deprecated and subject to removal later this year.
- control graph zoom sensiitivity
Google Doc Import Pod
The Google Docs Import Pod imports contents of a google document to a specified hierarchy in your selected vault as a note. The import config has additional options to import comments in the doc.
- selection modiifier to NoteLookup Command
- delay frontmatter warning while user is typing
- autocomplete takes a long time
Non-Blocking Workspace initialization
When you open a Dendron workspace, you might have noticed that you needed to wait for the workspace to initialize before VSCode itself became usable. This is because even though Dendron uses a local server to index your files, this server ran on the same process as VSCode.
We have offloaded the local server to a separate process so that all engine operations (eg. indexing) no longer affect the main VSCode process.
What this means in practice is that you can use VSCode immediately when the workspace is open. It also means you'll notice better responsiveness across all engine related features (eg. refactoring, preview, etc)
- find missing links in entire workspace (docs)
- hide the filter view in the note graph
- warn against missing frontmatter (docs)
- hashtag autocomplete improvements (docs)
- doctor command to automatically fix the frontmatter (docs)
- hashtag links duplicate following text
- issues with parsing wikilinks with unicode and special symbols
- reduce size of dendron-cli