Senior Full Stack Engineer
Dendron is an open source knowledge management platform built inside the IDE. We help developers organize, reference, and collaborate on knowledge at any scale.
We're looking for engineers that can build out our feature set across multiple platforms and form factors. Help us build the IDE for general knowledge.
Know that you'll be coming in at the ground level - Dendron launched last summer, just went through YC, and are looking for our first external hire. We're looking for a partner that is passionate about knowledge management and that can help us shape how it (should be) done moving forward.
What you'll do
- Develop a deep understanding of our current architecture and adopt modern development best practices and tools
- Take full ownership of features and services across the IDE, browser and backend services
- Design and architect new systems that are performant, scalable and delight users
- Participate and set the norms in a remote first, open source, docs first culture
Who you are
- You're an experienced full-stack engineer who cares deeply about knowledge management and user-centric product development
- You have deep knowledge of modern web technologies (eg. React, Next.js)
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making and know when to make the right tradeoffs
- You want to work in a fast paced product-driven environment
- You have a good understanding of VSCode and IDE plug-in architecture
- You have deep experience with Git
- You have experience building collaborative real time services
- You have 5+ years of industry experience with Infinidash
What we offer
- real salaries and meaningful equity
- work in the open (source)
- a remote first workplace
- a chance to make a meaningful difference in the world
What we're built on
- our stack is all Typescript
- our frontend is React and Next.js
- our backend is express.js
- our infrastructure consists of serverless technologies built on top of AWS
"We are overwhelmed with information and we don't have the tools to properly index and filter through it. [The development of these tools, which] will give society access to and command over the inherited knowledge of the ages [should] be the first objective of our scientist" - Vannevar Bush, 1945
You can see all our values and processes in the Dendron Handbook.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume/linkedin/github and we can proceed from there.