Getting Things Done (GTD), Bullet Journaling, and Other Task Management Workflow Demos with Dendron
Kevin Lin (Founder of Dendron) and Ben (a Dendrologist from the Dendron community) each presented their workflows for managing actionable information, tasks, and more. The presentation included open discussion with community members that attended.
Embedded above is the Greenhouse Talk Recording
This is a copy/paste of the chapters in the YouTube video
00:00 Ben's Introduction 00:53 Kevin's introduction 02:30 Kevin: Kevin's Dendron workflow layout 04:28 K: Pane 1 - Action Pane: Pinned Pending Tasks / Bullet Journal 09:55 K: Pane 3 - Action Pane: Active task work 11:50 K: Pane 2 and 4: Reference Panes 16:05 K: Daily Journal, schema, template 16:45 K: Weekly Journal, schema, template 17:23 K: Logging custom data in frontmatter 18:45 K: Using saved, custom searches in VS Code 21:30 K: Code projects with Dendron 22:05 Q&A: Block links, references, and note reference embedding in Dendron 24:40 K: Triaging new tasks, and Task Notes 25:45 K: Exporting Dendron task notes to Airtable 30:25 Q&A: Open PKM Catalogue and Workflows with Dendron 32:55 Ben: Ben's Dendron workflow layout 33:35 B: Taskwarrior TUI integration in VS Code with vim keybindings 37:58 Q&A: What's Kevin's workflow on mobile? 39:30 Q&A: Will Dendron integrate with vscode.dev and github.dev for web-based usage of the extension? 42:48 Dendron can export your notes and vaults in JSON 43:20 Closing remarks
- Bullet Journaling
- Mobile Workflows
- Daily Journal Note
- Block Anchors / References
- Visualize Task Notes with Airtable
- Making Your First Schema with Journal Templates
Resource links mentioned in presentation, and in Q&A
- GitHub Issue: Enable Dendron to run on VS Code on the web - Feature request for Dendron to run in the browser in places like github.dev without needing to install VS Code locally.
- Open PKM Catalog - This site is meant to be a reference of all things PKM (Personal knowledge management). Created and maintained by the Dendron community.
- Taskwarrior - CLI-based task management tool and TUI (Terminal User Interface).
- Focalboard - Free Desktop app, or server-hosted, open source Trello-alternative.
- I have no capslock and I must scream - Article referenced
- SearchEditor in VS Code - A way to create and save search files for VS Code using
Search Editor: *commands.
sidebar-markdown-notes- VS Code extension for creating a Markdown notes buffer as a sidebar view.
More from Kevin's workflow