Setting up a Native Workspace
As a reminder, these instructions are temporary until we add support for initializing native workspaces. We're sorry if they look confusing, we'll be improving native workspaces soon to make this simpler.
These instructions assume that you have an existing project, and you are trying to set up a Native workspace to take notes with Dendron.
- Create a folder in your project for the notes. For example, a folder named
- Use the command "Dendron: Initialize Workspace", and type the path to the notes folder.
- Initialize a blank workspace at this folder.
- Use the "Open Recent" command to go back to your project.
- Move the
dendron.ymlfile from the notes folder to the root of the project.
dendron.yml, and edit the
vaultssection so it looks like the following:
Save the file.
vaults: - fsPath: notes/vault
- Use the command "Reload Window". Dendron should now start up, and you should be able to use all Dendron features.