Dendron 0.88 has sprouted 🌱
Self Contained Vaults: We are continuing to add features to self contained vaults as part of the early preview process. Self contained vaults let you use and share your Dendron vaults without the need of a workspace.
If you'd like to participate in our early preview, please fill out this survey. We'll send you special instructions, and you'll be added to
#early-preview on our Discord where we'll offer support and hold discussions.
- More information: (docs)
- We will be focusing on improving Tree view V1 and will be removing V2 in the near future. The enableWebUI feature flag will also be removed.
- enhance(workspace): initialize workspace can create self contained vaults
- deprecate(views): tree view V2 and enableWebUI feature flag will be removed in the near future
- enhance(workspace): improve the error message for bad or missing code-workspace file
- enhance(common): don't reload workspace when running doctor airtable command
- fix(workspace): fix dropped keystrokes issue in lookup
- fix(internal): Engine
updateNotenot properly firing update events
- fix(markdown): support parenthesis in the image URL
- fix(views): Backlinks will no longer disappear in preview upon editing
- fix(lookup): autocomplete causes notes to be created in wrong vault
- fix(views): Preview now works in remote workspaces
We are now experimenting with Discord role Emojis!
If you have an Emoji or icon you think would fit one of our Discord roles, please let us know in
#feedback on Discord.
Starboard and TIL Highlights
These are highlights from the Dendron Discord
@aleksey#5276shared a link to a tool for finding out the size of Github repos: "A handy app to assess the size of a repo before cloning"
@aleksey#5276also shared a way to write Latex mathematical equations in all Markdown editors: "TIL you can write equations in Markdown even if your md editor doesn't support Latex:"
@icanteven#0264shared a link to the Github changelog: "TIL I should be paying more attention to the GitHub Changelog. You can now follow organizations, and a new dashboard feed tab is in public beta and viewable now. I like it better than the current feed."
Dendron Reading Series
This week's entry in the Dendron Reading Series.
@Gander7#5328for sharing the link in our
#what-are-you-readingchannel for this week's Dendron Reading Series!
Do you struggle to get deep into your work? In this weeks reading series, we look at Charles Féval's cliff notes on Cal Newport's book Deep Work and consider Newport's hypothesis that deep work (as opposed to shallow work) is becoming increasingly rare, and increasingly valuable.
Newport claims that deep work has become harder due to a constant stream of distractions and immediate gratifications offered to the brain. Texts, likes, replies all offer small nuggets to reward and distract our brain, at the expense of other work we are doing.
So how can we hone our deep working skills? Newport recommends a host of solutions, from habitual self-care like getting enough rest and walking meditations to constrained availability like seeking isolation or making yourself harder to reach. We can also increase the importance by making monetary commitments or setting aggressive deadlines.
At it's core, deep work seems to be a matter of priorites. Have we pre-planned and scheduled time for deep work? Are we willing to forego other mental tasks and focus solely on the task at hand? Have we committed to rigorously work in mental, physical and social ways?
What do you think? How do you plan for, enter and maintain in deep work? Does the modern technology set really pose such a distraction to deep work?
- Community Teatime: Drink tea, eat food, and hangout with the Dendron crew!
- Office Hours: Visit the Office Hours page for notes from previous sessions.
- New User Tuesdays: Visit the New User Tuesdays page for notes from previous sessions.
- Greenhouse Talks: Visit the Greenhouse Talks page for notes from previous sessions.
Subject: Publishing workflows with Dendron.
Description: Interested speakers will present their workflows for publishing content, followed by an open discussion. The event will be recorded and later published online.
This is a good opportunity to share tips and tricks about nifty things about your workflow, and ask for advice and input on challenges and pain-points in your current system.
A big thanks to the following gardeners that brought up issues, contributions, and fixes to this release 👨🌾 👩🌾
Visit Discord Roles for more information.
The following community members provided feedback in the Dendron user survey:
- deprecate(views): Tree view V2 and the feature flag enableWebUI will be removed in the near future. We will be focusing on improving Tree view V1 moving forward.
- enhance(workspace): improve the error message for bad or missing code-workspace file (#2600) @kaan (Private)
- enhance(workspace): initialize workspace can create self contained vaults (docs) (#2569) @kaan (Private)
- enhance(common): don't reload workspace when running doctor airtable command (#2620) @kevin (Private)
- fix(workspace): fix dropped keystrokes issue in lookup (#2626) @jonathan (Private)
- fix(internal): Engine
updateNotenot properly firing update events (#2622) @tuling (Private)
- fix(markdown): support parenthesis in the image URL (#2634) @kaan (Private)
- fix(views): Backlinks will no longer disappear in preview upon editing (#2608) @tuling (Private)
- fix(lookup): autocomplete causes notes to be created in wrong vault (#2623) @kevin (Private)
- fix(views): Preview now works in remote workspaces (#2624) @kaan (Private)