Dendron 0.84 has sprouted 🌱
Dendron: Show Preview should be much faster now because of note sync/image optimization!
Pod V2 Preview features continue growing:
dendron exportPodV2 is now available with
dendron-cli. Previously, you could only run Pod V2 commands if you were within VS Code / VSCodium, but you can now run exports from the CLI ad-hoc or in scripts.
- More information: Pod V2 CLI
- feat(pods): support pods v2 in CLI
- enhance(views): faster image preview by using native vscode webview urls
- enhance(views): faster webviews by reducing engine sync operations
- enhance(views): separate tag configuration for preview and publish (docs)
- fix(schema): Apply schema template for goto-note-command if template is in different vault
- fix(publish): Table of Contents is missing user tags, inline code, dashes and underlines
- fix(workspace): dendron can hang when trying to provide hover for large non-dendron file
- fix(views): clicking preview links for non-note files
- fix(views): Code blocks and spans in preview are html encoded
- fix(workspace): don't call reload index if action is findIncompatibleExtension
- fix(views): don't refresh tree view if note visible
- Share articles with the Dendron Community: Have you stumbled upon articles you'd like to share with the community? The Dendron Reading Series is accepting submissions, and it can be how you earn a shiny Scout badge in the Discord!
- Dendron on Mastodon: Dendron can now be followed on Fosstodon, a federated Mastodon server, where we will be sending toots. You read that right, I said toots! Join this alternative to Twitter, where open source is front and center at Fosstodon.
- Contribute to Open Source: Are you interested in contributing to the Dendron code base, but don't know where to start? Dendron is now using the
good first issuelabel on beginner-friendly issues!
- Latest Greenhouse Talk: Resources, including a recording, have been uploaded for the first Greenhouse Talk of 2022!
- Hangout with the Dendron team: Our event calendar keeps on growing! Join us during Community Teatime where we drink tea, eat food, and hangout. These will now appear in the Event Reminders section each week.
Starboard and TIL Highlights
These are highlights from the Dendron Discord
seadude#7058shared a link on How to reduce image on Stack Overflow: "TIL that you can add a single 'size designator' character to control image size for images uploaded to StackOverflow."
seadude#7058shared an HTML snippet: "TIL how to embed an SVG, and have full interactivity, into a RevealJS slide."
<object data=".\assets\svg\2022-02-27_diagram.svg" type="image/svg+xml"></object>
aleksey#5276shared a link to the Windows Terminal Preview 1.13 Release: "TIAL that there is a decent native terminal for windows."
evanAndiez#9559shared a link to Microsoft's Docs Contributor Guide: "TIL that Microsoft has their own markdown syntax for its Microsoft Docs site, with support of admonition, 2-span column layout."
- "Further, they also have their own way to include lines of code in the Markdown document."
- Related: Dendron feature request for supporting admonitions
- Also related: XKCD - How Standards Proliferate
Dendron Reading Series
This week's entry in the Dendron Reading Series.
pajuk#0605, a community member in the Dendron Discord, for contributing the link for this week's Dendron Reading Series!
A study method to work with your brain, rather than trying to cram and hope things stick: spaced repetition. This means periodically revisiting what you want to learn, over time, as a way of transforming information into long-term knowledge.
Some members of the community have been playing with Recall, a VS Code extension, for spaced repetition in their Dendron setup. VS Code also has pomodoro extensions, which could be paired with spaced repetition and Fractal Pomodoros.
Recall has now been added to the
awesome-dendron repo, along with an entire collection of interesting resources. Make sure to check them out and add more awesome to the list!
- Office Hours: Visit the Office Hours page for notes from previous sessions.
- Community Teatime: Drink tea, eat food, and hangout with the Dendron crew!
- New User Tuesdays: Visit the New User Tuesdays page for notes from previous sessions.
- Greenhouse Talks: Visit the Greenhouse Talks for notes from previous sessions.
A big thanks to the following gardeners that brought up issues, contributions, and fixes to this release :man_farmer: :woman_farmer: Visit Discord Roles for more information.
- enhance(views): separate tag configuration for preview and publish (docs) (#2460) @hikchoi (Private)
- enhance(views): faster image preview by using native vscode webview urls (#2432) @kaan (Private)
- enhance(views): faster webviews by reducing engine sync operations (#2472) @jonathan (Private)
- fix(schema): Apply schema template for goto-note-command if template is in different vault (#2429) @tuling (Private)
- fix(publish): Table of Contents is missing user tags, inline code, dashes and underlines (#2465) @kaan (Private)
- fix(workspace): dendron can hang when trying to provide hover for large non-dendron file (#2457) @kevin (Private)
- fix(views): clicking preview links for non-note files (#2455) @kaan (Private)
- fix(views): Code blocks and spans in preview are html encoded (#2471) flammehawk
- fix(workspace): don't call reload index if action is findIncompatibleExtension (#2458) @hikchoi (Private)
- fix(views): don't refresh tree view if note visible (#2487) @hikchoi (Private)