Help us create a better tool for thought.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Dendron is an open source note-taking tool built inside the IDE that gives developers the ability to work with and organize information as they do code. Notes are plaintext markdown and can be compiled to static pages which can then be deployed and shared anywhere.
We're looking for engineers that can help us build out our feature set inside the IDE, on the browser, and in our up and coming cloud offering. Help us translate programming concepts like refactoring and debugging into the realm of knowledge management.
Know that you'll be coming in at the ground level - Dendron launched last summer, just went through YC, and are looking for our first external hire. We're looking for a partner that is passionate about knowledge management and that can help us shape how it (should be) done moving forward.
What you'll do
- Develop a deep understanding of our current architecture and adopt modern development best practices and tools
- Take full ownership of features and services across the IDE, browser and backend services
- Design and architect new systems that are performant, scalable and delight users
- Participate and set the norms in a remote first, open source, docs first culture
Who you are
- You're an experienced full-stack engineer who cares deeply about knowledge management and user-centric product development
- You have deep knowledge of modern web technologies (eg. React, Next.js)
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making and know when to make the right tradeoffs
- You want to work in a fast paced product-driven environment
- You have a good understanding of VSCode and IDE plug-in architecture
- You have deep experience with Git
- You have experience building collaborative real time services
What we offer
- real salaries and meaningful equity
- work that's in the open (dendron is open source so you'll be able to share and talk about what your building)
- a remote first workplace
- a chance to make a meaningful difference in the world
"We are overwhelmed with information and we don't have the tools to properly index and filter through it. [The development of these tools, which] will give society access to and command over the inherited knowledge of the ages [should] be the first objective of our scientist" - Vannevar Bush, 1945
What we're built on
- our stack is all Typescript
- our frontend is React, Next.js and Chakra UI
- our backend is express.js
- our infrastructure (will) consist about having you code one of a series of micro-services running on top of AWS
To apply, email email@example.com with resume/linkedin/github and we can proceed from there.