This page is a reflection of what is inside the
#rootchannel in the Dendron Discord.
Welcome to the Dendron on Discord! This is a collaborative place to discuss all things related to Dendron and personal knowledge management!
As far as rules go, we just have one:
Be nice and help make this server a place where you and others can.
Articles of interest
Some links to check out when you have time:
- If you haven't seen it just yet, Dendron was featured in the last Visual Studio Code livestream of 2021.
- Dendron origin (podcast)
- Hierarchal note taking (system that dendron is based on)
- It's not you (essay about what's wrong with note taking)
Channels to start with
We are absolutely thrilled to have you here. Below are some good channels to get started in:
If you'd like to connect with folks with similar goals for note taking, the easiest way to get started is by introducing yourself in
#intros. I copy our intro template below:
:earth_asia: where you're based :briefcase: what you do :map: how you found out about dendron :head_bandage: biggest challenge with note taking :call_me: things you're interested in being messaged about :bird: a link to your social media
Here you can assign yourself special roles in the Dendron Discord within this channel:
- Set the ServerNotify role if you're interested in getting notified (a few times a week) about CROP requests, office hours and more (in addition to regular release announcements). You will be notified with any messages using the
- Set the Dev Role if you are interested in getting notified about dev-specific Dendron announcements. You will be notified with any messages using the
- Set the PublishNotify role if you are interested in getting notified about Dendron announcements related to using Dendron's publishing features, publishing templates, and documentation. You will be notified with any messages using the
Got questions? Meet answers!
General chat about all the things.
For new users, Dendron does an initial onboarding session to help folks get started.
This is an example of features and philosophy we love to show new users.
Here are some helpful tips for new users preparing for onboarding sessions:
We recommend having the sample, onboarding repository cloned to your local system as a Dendron playground.
- Clone the sample repository
- Join the Dendron Discord
- Create a Discord account if you don't have one ahead of time
- Configure your voice and video settings in Discord
- Discord Docs: How to Talk and Hang Out in Your Server
- For troubleshooting, view the Discord Voice and Video Troubleshooting Guide
Join onboarding channel
- Join the onboarding channel in the Dendron Discord when your scheduled onboarding begins
- Getting Started
- Dendron homepage
- GitHub Discussions
- Dendron Public Roadmap
- Amoeba Pattern: A typical Dendron Workflow for taking notes
- Submit a feature request](https://github.com/dendronhq/dendron/issues/new?assignees=&labels=&template=feature_request.md&title=
- Submit a bug report
- Dendron user documentation
- Submit a user docs issue
- Dendron contributor documentation
- Submit a contributor docs issue
Join other Dendrologists