Dendron 0.114 has sprouted 🌱 September 27, 2022
feat(publish): add configuration option for sidebar (docs)(some users reported some regressions on the site after this update - we've reverted this change and making some fixes in the meantime)
- fix(publish): click into "empty area" on sidebar submenu item
- fix(views): make preview theme background color render correctly
- fix(workspace): Disallow note creation through go to note if filename is invalid
- fix(publish): display headings pleasantly when containing non-text content nodes
- fix(workspace): Update backlinks after engine updates
- fix(workspace): engine init with note candidates enabled
Updated Release Schedule
We're changing our release schedule starting October. Instead of weekly, we will release every two weeks. An early preview of changes will be available to supporters on a weekly basis.
Dendron has been on a weekly release cycle since our inception and we've shipped hundreds of features within the last two years under this model. This has allowed us to iterate quickly based on community feedback but it also came with some downsides - many of you have told us that it was becoming hard to keep up with all the changes, it made it hard to work on bigger issues, and sometimes, our releases would break things.
Dendron is now approaching 100k installs and has become an essential part of the daily workflow of thousands of developers. We want to ensure that you can always rely on Dendron to be available when you need it and at the same time, do some of the groundwork to address larger issues that many of you have been asking for for years.
Some projects we're working on: real-time performance on all operations (<100ms), a sqlite based backend, mobile support, and a managed publishing service.
A new blog post has sprouted
Many of you have asked us for more examples of how to take notes in Dendron.
Our latest blog post goes over our recommended workflow for building a personal knowledge base of any size.
Please let us know what you think and consider subscribing to our blog to stay up to date on new posts!
Greenhouse this Friday!
We have a Greenhouse Talk this week! Come listen to Bob Doto (https://twitter.com/thehighpony), a published author and zettlekasten enthusiast, speak on 'Zettelkasten 101: Terminology and methods of keeping a slip-box'
- Greenhouse Talk (Fri, Sep 30, 09:00 AM PST / 16:00 UTC)
A CROP is an issue that is submitted and voted on by the community. This week, we shipped the following CROP:
- Rename note command doesn't update wikilinks to the renamed note if they are inside the renamed note ships this week, submitted by
A list of all current crops can be found on github
Starboard and TIL Highlights
These are highlights from the Dendron Discord
Streetlamp#7680shared a tip on writing code blocks where you can add the name of the language to make the code block follow that programming language's syntax and make the code block more readable. Shared his sample syntax here link to message
rlh1994#9754shared his learning that not only you can embed wildcard notes using ![my.notes.starts.with.*] but this also supports heading references ![my.notes.starts.with.*#Section2].
Dendron Reading Series
This week's entry in the Dendron Reading Series.
- Greenhouse Talks: Visit the Greenhouse Talks for notes from previous sessions.
- Office Hours: Visit the Office Hours page for notes from previous sessions.
- Community Teatime: Drink tea, eat food, and hangout with the Dendron crew!
- New User Tuesdays: Visit the New User Tuesdays page for notes from previous sessions.
A big thanks to the following gardeners that brought up issues, contributions, and fixes to this release :man_farmer: :woman_farmer: Visit Discord Roles for more information.
- enhance(publish): upgrade nextjs to 12.3.0 with 7x faster minification when building (#3533) @kevin (Private)
- fix(publish): click into "empty area" on sidebar submenu item (#3523) @sam (Private)
- fix(views): make preview theme background color render correctly (#3552) @sam (Private)
- fix(workspace): Disallow note creation through go to note if filename is invalid (#3551) @hikchoi (Private)
- fix(publish): display headings pleasantly when containing non-text content nodes (#3525) @sam (Private)
- fix(workspace): Update backlinks after engine updates (#3535) @tuling (Private)
- fix(workspace): engine init with note candidates enabled (#3585) @jonathan (Private)