Release Notes(version 0.14)
Dendron 0.14 is here 🌱
At 14, Dendron might not yet be old enough to vote (if you are old enough and in the USA, please do that next week) but it is coming out of preview 🥳
Concretely, this means a few things:
- Dendron is announcing our Environmentalist plan, a 100% optional monthly subscription for users who like to support us financially
- Dendron will now commit to a regular release cycle. New releases will go out at the beginning of every week. Environmentalist will get access to early builds and features every few days.
- Dendron will have a deprecation policy for all non-experimental (🚧) features. Any potentially breaking changes will first be deprecated and users will have at least a week's notice before a breaking change is made.
- Dendron is dropping the preview label
As part of getting out of preview, we are launching on Product Hunt, a popular online catalogue for new products. If Dendron has been helpful in your life, we would appreciate it 🙏 if you could leave us some comments there. This will help new people discover our community!
- complete server migration for all users
- create snapshots of your vault and restore them back to a specific point in time
- introduce Environmentalist Plans for folks that want to support Dendron financially
- add publishing capability to pods (with ability to publish to json and regular markdown)
- support creating generated table of contents when publishing
- realtime schema validation when saving
- numerous enhancements
- numerous bug fixes
- better handling of errors and failures
introduce the Environmentalist role, created for folks that are keeping Dendron sustainable through a monthly contribution
- Britt Selvitelle (@britt (Private)#3020)
- Tom Diaz (@TomD (Private)#7339)
- Kiran Pathakota (@kpats (Private)#8761)
- Cristian Caratti (@ccaratti (Private)#2465)
- Ken Sonoda (@ksoda (Private)#9504)
- Adam Howard (@A (Private) Howard#8010)
- Ladd Hoffmab (@Bassmann (Private)#5300)
- Fayçal MITIDJI (@bsqrd (Private)#9701)
- Tyler Nieman (@tsnieman (Private)#6157)
- Ilana Lin (@ilana (Private)#7242)
- Luke Roslanowski (@lukecarrier (Private)#2081)
- Huw Millar
- Martin Stemplinger
introducing the Horticulturalist role, created for folks who have contributed to the Dendron code base
we now have a new Community section on our website that highlights the work and roles of our members
dendron.noServerModesetting has been removed
- Dendron docs has been re-organized to be less overwhelming (if you have any links bookmarked, they will still all work because of Dendron's permanent links
- Dendron office hours: this will be additional slots you can book outside of the initial onboarding to go over specific workflows. More details and schedule to follow in next week's release!
- Dendron Multi Vault Support
- Better migration workflows from other tools into Dendron
Last and most of all, a big thanks to the following gardeners that brought up issues, contributions, and fixes to this release.