Dendron helps humans organize, reference, and work with any amount of knowledge.
We provide an open-source, local-first, markdown-based note-taking tool that helps developers work with notes like they do with code.
Dendron borrows heavily from prior work in programming languages and developer tooling (which help developers organize and reference millions of lines of code) and applies the same principles to general knowledge.
"We are overwhelmed with information and we don't have the tools to properly index and filter through it. [The development of these tools, which] will give society access to and command over the inherited knowledge of the ages [should] be the first objective of our scientist" - Vannevar Bush, 1945
Vannevar Bush - originator of the memex
We are on a journey to help humans take command over the inherited knowledge of the ages. We invite you to be part of the journey!
We are looking for a Developer Advocate to help spread the word on structured note taking.
As Dendron's first Developer Advocate, you will be the public face of Dendron and work closely with our Founder to onboard, educate, and delight an international community of Dendronites.
What you'll do
- speak, blog, and tweet about knowledge management, both in general and with Dendron
- write tutorials, how-tos, and other forms of documentation about Dendron
- run and coordinate community events like Office Hours, New User Tuesdays, and Greenhouse Talks
- engage with Dendronites inside Discord and across social medias
Who You are
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Comfortable operating at the confluence of technology and PKM
- A track record of speaking at conferences and meetups
- Previous experience working with productivity software and developer tools a huge plus
What we offer
- real salaries, founding level equity (with a 7 year exercise window), flexible titles
- work in the open (source)
- a remote first workplace
- personal learning budget ($1500/year) for anything that helps you grow
- be part of the solution to information overload
See Dendron Benefits for further details
What we're built on
- our stack is all Typescript
- our frontend is React and Next.js
- our backend is express.js
- we use unified to parse, extend, and compile Markdown
- our infrastructure consists of serverless technologies built on top of AWS
- we build on top of GitHub Actions
How we work
- GitHub and Dendron for issue tracking
- GitHub for source control
- Sentry (to be coming) for error reporting
- Discord and Dendron for internal communication
- Dendron as our knowledge base
- Google Doc and Dendron for meetings
You can see all our values in the Dendron Handbook which also serves as a public record of how we operate as an organization.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume/LinkedIn/GitHub and we can proceed from there.