Dendron 0.78 has sprouted 🌱
Initializing a new workspace has just become easier:
Dendron: Initialize Workspace now provides a file explorer to navigate to a destination on your filesystem.
The Markdown Import Pod now imports markdown in a cleaner fashion without reformatting the contents of the body. Only internal links to local files are now updated!
Lookup search results are leveling up when it comes to the displayed order of notes you may be looking for. For more information on these improvements, visit the docs on Lookup Sort Ordering.
- enhance(pod): Markdown import pod avoids reformatting files (docs)
Dendron: Initialize Workspacecan use file picker to select destination, instead of typing it out (docs)
- fix(lookup): add sort by levenshtein distance prior to sorting by update date to lookup results of the same match score (docs)
- enhance(markdown): allow notes to override the pretty refs setting (docs)
- enhance(workspace): detect config / client compatibility mismatch in cli
- fix(commands): paste-link-title-trim
- fix(workspace): insert note index enablement
- fix(views): hover preview containing local images on Windows
- fix(views): enable copy plaintext from preview
- GitHub Pages with GitHub Actions has been updated based on community feedback, along with the template. GitHub Actions is the preferred way of publishing documentation if using GitHub Pages.
- Discord: Starting this week, we'll be using an events stage channel for Dendron (such as Office Hours and New User Tuesdays).
- Discord: Use the new kudos channel to give recognition to other community members!
awesome-dendron: Do you know of VS Code extensions, note taking workflow links, and other resources you want to share with the Dendron community? Contribute to the discussion about an awesome list!
Starboard and TIL Highlights
These are highlights from the Dendron Discord
"...I can simply put the Dendron vault folder directly inside an Obsidian vault in iCloud Drive to enjoy the mobile experience of Dendron, without worrying that the heavy-weight
.nextfolder or the sheer amount of files from the
.gitfolder might break the iCloud sync."
# Command git clone --separate-git-dir=<path-to-git-dir/.git> url-to-git-repo # Example git clone --separate-git-dir=C:/Users/username/my_workspace/dendron-site-git/.git url-to-git-repo
Dendron Reading Series
This week's entry in the Dendron Reading Series.
I'm an ultra-scheduler. My calendar dictates each day, each week. Prior to the pandemic, I was already scheduling many aspects of my life in order to achieve goals and regularly catch up with friends.
There was room for spontaneity...but I have difficulty figuring out how to fit that into my schedule.
While we often think anticipation is half the fun, in 2016 researchers from two US universities found that people enjoyed activities more when they were impromptu. Scheduling a coffee break or a movie, for instance, made them feel “less free-flowing and more work-like”, wrote the authors.
The pandemic certainly hasn't made this easier. The tips on taking breaks and going for walks remind me of pomodoro benefits, but there I am again: I'm taking the breaks to be more efficient!
My extraverted friends are excellent at dropping in at random times with calls or messages, sometimes at just the right time when I could use a chat.
Do you struggle with spontaneity? If so, how have you made room for it in your life?
Office Hours and New User Tuesdays
- Office Hours: Visit the Office Hours page for notes from previous sessions.
- New User Tuesdays: Visit the New User Tuesdays page for notes from previous sessions.
A big thanks to the following gardeners that brought up issues, contributions, and fixes to this release :man_farmer: :woman_farmer: Visit Discord Roles for more information.
@I'm a lightbulb#6986
- enhance(pod): Markdown import pod avoids reformatting files (docs) (#2084) @kaan (Private)
Dendron: Initialize Workspacecan use file picker to select destination, instead of typing it out (docs) (#2130) @tuling (Private)
- enhance(markdown): allow notes to override the pretty refs setting (docs) (#2124) @kaan (Private)
- enhance(workspace): detect config / client compatibility mismatch in cli (#2113) @hikchoi (Private)
- fix(lookup): add sort by levenshtein distance prior to sorting by update date to lookup results of the same match score (docs) (#2111) @nickolay (Private)
- fix(commands): paste-link-title-trim (#1961) KamQb
- fix(workspace): insert note index enablement (#2133) @hikchoi (Private)
- fix(views): hover preview containing local images on Windows (#2047) @kaan (Private)
- fix(views): enable copy plaintext from preview (#2152) @kevin (Private)