Since Dendron runs on top of VS Code, it means that you also have access to thousands of extensions to customize Dendron exactly how you like it. By default, Dendron will initialize your first workspace with the following extensions and features.
- Dendron Paste Image
- easily add images from your clipboard to your Markdown files
Extensions officially published by Dendron, but aren't bundled by default when Dendron is installed.
- Dendron Markdown Shortcuts
- Quickly toggle bullet points
- Easily generate URLs
- Convert tabular data to tables
- Dendron Snippet Maker
- Easily create markdown snippets. Used in Dendron but can also be used standalone.
Archived / Deprecated
These extensions were previously bundled or recommended for installation with the Dendron extension. They no longer are, and are only listed here for the purposes of showing they are no longer recommended or supported.
- Dendron Markdown Links
- Graph View
- Dendron Markdown Preview Enhanced
- live Markdown preview
- sequence diagrams
- pandoc support
- code chunks
- beautiful colors built using the Material design system
Other VS Code Extensions
- Git Automator: one command to commit and push all changes
- Git Doc: auto-commit and (optionally) auto push your notes at fixed intervals
- Gitlens: Repository/File/Line history and annotations of all your files
- Path AutoComplete: Path autocomplete for Visual Studio Code
- Macros: Define custom macros
- Vim: Vim key bindings 😍
- Bookmarks: Bookmark lines within File Vertical Limit: Work with multiple cursors and blocks of text
- CodeUI: Easier customization of every part of the VSCode UI
- Open in Typora: Open note in Typora
- Profile Switcher: Create different set of extension profiles
- Advanced Table Functionality: Do more with markdown tables