Welcome to Dendron 🌲
Dendron is a new approach to note taking, one that combines the freedom of Roam's every note exists everywhere philosophy with the organization provided by flexible hierarchies.
We call this the hierarchy first approach to note taking.
What is a Dendron?
- Dendron is the greek word for tree. It's a reference to the hierarchal note taking that Dendron(3) enables.
- Dendron is another word for dendrite which is an extension of the nerve cell that sends and receives signals in the brain. Think of Dendron(3) as a digital nervous system that helps you consolidate all the information that you care about in the fastest and most efficient way possible.
- Dendron is a local-first, Markdown-based, hierarchical note taking tool. It is meant to help you build, organize, and share knowledge bases of any size.
How do I get started?
- Launch the command palette inside VS Code:
- Paste the following command and press
> Dendron: Initialize Workspace
When the workspace opens, it will show dialogue to install the recommended extensions. Though not required, these extensions add all the non-core features of Dendron like wiki links and tagging support.